- Remain headquartered in Baltimore City and, upon expansion, will do so within city limits.
Year Two Progress: Still headquartered in Baltimore City.
- Increase the percentage of new hires from Baltimore City from 33 percent to 40 percent over the next three years (April 2017 to April 2020). Catalyte expects to hire about 150 people in this time frame, so approximately 60 people will be from Baltimore City.
- Partner with BLocal member organizations to execute a program to close the IT talent gap with an emphasis on sourcing candidates from Baltimore City.
Year Two Progress: Began to integrate into the workforce development community through partnerships and active board participation; including board leadership for NPower Advisory Board and the City of Baltimore. We also hosted conversations with the Mayor’s Office for Economic Development’s Youth Services and several nonprofit organizations (theCONNECT network, Urban Alliance, Goodwill, Year Up, MCVET) to explore Catalyte’s entry-level developer training program and job opportunities.
- Recruit at least 40 percent of hires for our entry-level developer program—approximately 20 people— from Baltimore City over three years (2017-2019).
Year Two Progress: Hired seven Baltimore City residents. One was hired as a business analyst, and six were hired as software developers at various levels of experience, mostly at the entry level.
- Provide subsidized software development and/or consulting resources for projects that will help BLocal member organizations achieve their program commitments and improve overall program results, or that have a direct impact and benefit for the Baltimore City community.
Year Two Progress: Working to develop a possible BLocal Portal.
Catalyte advances human potential for the digital revolution. We use artificial intelligence to identify individuals, regardless of background, who have the innate potential and cognitive ability to be great software developers. For over 15 years, Catalyte’s predictive analytics platform has hired, upskilled and deployed high-performing teams to deliver product engineering and enterprise applications for Fortune 500 companies. Our hiring model and intensive onboarding process, rapidly create teams that have exponentially higher levels of production and quality than anyone else. With development centers in Baltimore and Portland, OR, Catalyte has created a diverse and US-based technology workforce to help companies scale software innovation.
Catalyte joined BLocal during year two of the initiative. This is Catalyte’s first year of sharing data.