- Commit to spending 15% of overall company revenues with local M/WBE and DBE subcontractors and vendors.
- Participate in BLocal BUILD College in 2018.
- Volunteer 80 hours in 2018.
- Sponsor one (1) Urban Alliance Student in 2018.
- Sponsor one (1) YouthWorks Student in 2018.
- Hire a Cristo Rey student intern for the 2018/2019 school year.
- Develop a written in-house program by which local subcontractors can be connected with City residents as potential job candidates on Southway construction projects. Southway has built a great relationship with Project JumpStart, and has been successful in being a conduit for JumpStart graduates to be accepted into entry-level positions with key subcontractors. This has taken place on several projects loosely, but will be developed into a written program that can be incorporated into every Southway project.
Southway is a construction management firm serving public, private and non-profit clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic. What started as a vision to provide quality construction services for affordable housing developers, has grown into a sought-after construction management firm built on integrity. Founded in 1991, Southway delivers award-winning historic restoration, commercial, multi-family, adaptive re-use and institutional projects. Headquartered in Baltimore’s Locust Point, our firm is strongly rooted in the communities in which we serve.
While we have grown in size and expertise, our culture of Quality, Dependability and Integrity has remained steadfast. Our executive leadership team continues to provide hands-on involvement at every step in the project. Our technology, systems, and processes parallel those of national-sized firms – and our reputation is irrefutable as evidenced by our clients’ praise and repeat business.
With a staff of over 60 full-time professionals, Southway has managed over 1 million square feet in commercial projects and 1,500 multifamily units constructed in just the past 3 years alone, all with an outstanding safety record. We have received the highest achievable Diamond Safety Award from ABC Baltimore five years running and consistently maintain one of the lowest EMRs in our industry. The cornerstone of Southway’s success in our unwavering commitment to customer service.
Southway Builders joined BLocal during year three of the initiative. Southway Builders will report on progress in 2019.